Monday, July 27, 2009

Mark Kirk repents (almost) on cap and trade

About cap and trade, Rep. Mark Kirk (R-IL) one of the eight Republicans who voted for the national energy tax, "I've heard from people on this issue like no other. The energy interests of Illinois are far broader and deeper than from my North Shore district."

Calling the current bill dead, Kirk added, "What I really want to see is a new round of nuclear plants for the country, exploration for oil offshore, and the trans--Canada pipeline that would bring lower cost natural gas for the Midwest.



Kirk didn't quite repent, but he came close.

But it looks like he got the message.

H/T to Backyard Conservative.

Related post:

Cap-and-trade Tea Party at Rep. Mark Kirk's office

Ethically challenged Chicago Democrat Giannoulias announces Senate run

Technorati tags:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this. I know my father-in-law in Vernon Hills was burning up the phone lines to express his disgust.

pathickey said...

Kirk, and my daffy Congress critter Dan Lipinski, deserve to find new employement outside of government.

BTW -nice bit on San Fran Rubes!