Saturday, March 07, 2009

My Facebook friend Lewis Black is following me on Twitter

Have you seen the television commercials with comedian Lewis Black touting Aruba--particularly its consistently pleasant weather?

It's part of an Aruba tourism campaign, a much-needed one, in the eyes of the Caribbean island. Travel to Aruba plummeted after the still unexplained disappearance American high school student Natalee Holloway in 2005.

Again part of a tourism campaign...

Two days ago I found out "Lewis Black in Aruba" was following me on Twitter. He's the first famous non-polital person to seek me out online. This morning I was informed that Black, who as you probably figured out I don't know personally, requested me to add him on a Facebook.

I find it pretty hard to believe that it's really Black doing adding friends on social networking sites, but it just shows that the Facebook-ization and Twitterizing of society continues.

Oh, I have no plans to travel to Aruba.

Technorati tags:

No comments: