Wednesday, January 21, 2009

From the Poet Laureate of Morton Grove: "Blago"

After suffering through a poem read by Elizabeth Alexander during Barack Obama's inaugruation ceremony, I realized that I'm a poet, and I didn't know it.

Moreover, I decided that Morton Grove needs a poet laureate, and I decided that I'm the most qualified person to serve in that position.

So here we go, my first poem as Poet Laureate of Morton Grove:

"Blago"

Impeachment, the bitter fruit of corruption

False reformer

Liar

Testicular virility, Dick Mell

Hair everywhere, Hair dye

Out halfway into his second term

John "Quarters" Boyle

Carrying on George Ryan's legacy

Technorati tags:

2 comments:

Levois said...

I'm awaiting your Pulitzer!

Gov. Rod Blagojevich Shakespeare said...

It's. just. Beautiful. Morton Grove should be proud. Now don't you go thinking you can take this state-wide. There is only one Illinois poet Laureate: http://illinoispoetlaureate.blogspot.com/