Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thank you Obama, for picking Biden

I told a blogger friend of mine last night that I didn't think that Barack Obama would pick Joe Biden as his running mate. Maybe I spend too much time behind the computer, but I figured that the rumors about Biden being Obama's choice were just a ruse to get the Republican National Committee research arm to focus on the wrong guy.

He has a habit of saying stupdid things, as Politico reminds us:

Biden, who dropped out of the 1988 Democratic primary after he was accused of lifting sections of his stump speech about his humble origins from British Labour party leader Neil Kinnock, more recently took heat in 2006, when he said, "You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent."

This year, he managed to blow up his official announcement he was entering the race when he deemed Obama "the first mainstream African American [candidate] who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy."

Obama's cleanliness has never been an issue.

Two years ago Biden had the foolishness to bring up that Delaware was a slave state, when attempting to show that he could appeal to southern voters:

You don't know my state. My state was a slave state. My state is a border state. My state has the eighth-largest black population in the country. My state is anything from a Northeast liberal state.

Biden, along with most Delaware residents, lives in the far-northern end of the state, near Philadelphia.

More recently, Biden took aim at Obama's inexperience:

If the Democrats think we're going to be able to nominate someone who can win without that person being able to table unimpeachable credentials on national security and foreign policy, I think we're making a tragic mistake.

I agree with Joe on that one. Biden has served in the Senate since 1973. How can he be an agent of change?

And his son is a lobbyist.

Thank you, Barack.

Technorati tags:

No comments: