Thursday, May 15, 2008

Vicksburg and a teleconference call with John McCain

Treo blogging from Vicksburg, Mississippi.

Today I did the least amount of driving since I left Morton Grove on Monday. The second half of of my drive on the Natchez Trace took a lot of me--heavy rain on an unfamilar, but beautiful road can be exhausting.

I arrived at today's destination, Vicksburg, shortly before the bloggers' teleconference with John McCain commenced. I sat down on a bench behind the Mississippi Welcome Center, overlooking the river and Louisiana, where I met three motorcyclists who are travelling across the country. Here's the neat thing--each one of them are Australian Vietnam veterans. That's right, Australian.

When I get back home, I'll have more to say on the teleconference when I get home.

Then I hopped on Interstate 20 to the battlefield. Unlike Shiloh, this one looks like a war was fought there, as the earthen fortifications, some of which may be recreations, are quite obvious everywhere.

Vicksburg seems to be a town on the upswing--two hotels are under construction across the street from the one I'm staying.

Tomorrow I head north on Highway 61.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To the owner of this blog, how far youve come?

Marathon Pundit said...

I took Highway 61 all the way to Memphis. Great drive.more to come John.