Saturday, September 29, 2007

My Kansas Kronikles: Pro-life billboards


I've traveled all over this great country, and I've spent time not just on the interstates, but on byway roads in other red states besides Kansas. However, of the states I've visited, Kansas has by far the most pro-life billboards on its highways.

I'd be a dishonest journalist if I omitted this part of the Kansas landscape.

Before my July trip, I knew Kansas was a hot spot of pro-life, or if you prefer, anti-abortion activism. But in the week I was there, I easily saw 200 billboards such as the one I found near the village of St. John.

Our society is not one that makes its decisions based on the number of billboards placed on roadsides. However, I didn't see a single pro-choice billboard during my Kansas travels.

Next: McPherson

Technorati tags:

No comments: