Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Windypundit has a Chicago Marathon photo series


Here is just one of many photos Mark Draughn of Windypundit took during Sunday's Chicago Marathon. Mark was camped out at my favorite part of the course, mile 21, Chinatown, on the city's South Side.

This runner probably caught Windypundit's eye because his mother told him the same thing she told me, "You lose the most heat from your head."

It was cold and breezy on race day, I wore a singlet--a tank top that is--and a skimpy runner's cap, and I spent most of yesterday with a 101-degree fever.

I wondered how this runner ended up?

There are a lot more marathon photos up at Windypundit. And that's just part one of his series. Here is part two, where Draughn thinks he may have photographed up to 20-percent of the middle-of-the-pack runners. If you ran the race, see if you can find your picture. Of if you didn't, perhaps you'll spot a familiar face. I'll keep looking, but so far, I haven't found a picture of myself. Mark made a big effort to take my picture during the race, and even signed up for athlete-tracking on his cell phone to find me, but according to the Windypundit, I dropped off his radar screen at the 15km mark.

UPDATE 8:00AM Oct. 25: Mark in the comments informs me that he has pictures of up to 20% of all the Chicago Marathon participants. Also, Mark informs me that part three is up on Windypundit.

Technorati tags:

No comments: