Friday, February 05, 2016

Detroit area man accused of plotting to shoot up church for ISIS

And why did the accused plot a church for his alleged plot in the name of the Islamic State? Because it was well attended, "Plus people are not allowed to carry guns in church."

More from CBS Detroit:
Court files say that conversations online with undercover agents revealed that 21-year-old Khalil Abu-Rayyan of Dearborn Heights was planning to open fire at an unnamed Detroit church.

According to the documents, Abu-Rayyan was under federal surveillance starting in May 2015. It was found that Abu-Rayyan was posting and retweeting ISIS-supporting posts on Twitter, along with photos of him firing an AK-47 and an AR-25 at a gun range.

Abu-Rayyan allegedly told an undercover agent through social media about his plans for an attack.

"I tried to shoot up a church one day," Abu-Rayyan posted, the complaint said. "It's one of the biggest ones in Detroit. I had it planned out. I bought a bunch of bullets. I practiced reloading and unloading. But my dad searched my car one day and he found everything. He found the gun and the bullets and a mask I was going to wear.:

No comments: