Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Earth Day 2015: Let's not be slobs

If you wandered onto this blog in search of chicken-little global warming hysteria--then you came to the wrong place.

I'm old enough--barely--to remember the first Earth Day and much of the emphasis was on clean air, water, and land. As for that last one. My friends, let's not be slobs. On every roadside--at least in the Chicago area, I see trash, such as this collection on Algonquin Road that I found in the Campground Woods Forest Preserve in Des Plaines. That's right, the rubbish in the photograph on the right lies in a forest preserve.

I'm going to make it easy for you. If you drink a soda--don't throw the container out of the window of your car. If you are walking while doing so, don't toss it on the ground. There are trash cans on the planet but this world should be nobody's trash can. This my friends is something we can all agree on.

Such a clean Earth effort costs nothing.




No comments: