Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pat Quinn in April 2012: "I know that I was put on earth" to fix pension mess

Illinois: Lost in Quinn's desert
On April 20, 2012, Illinois Governor Pat Quinn said of the state's pension sinkhole at a press conference, "But I’m here to solve it. I know that I was put on earth to get this done."

Since that Moses-like proclamation, nothing, I repeat, nothing has been accomplished by the Chicago Democrat or the Democratic-controlled General Assembly to fix Illinois' public employee pension system which is now underfunded by nearly $100 billion. The Prairie State is still wandering in the desert and hemorrhaging cash.

Illinois pension shortfall grows by $17 millions each day. Clearly Quinn is wrong about himself. Illinois voters can drive that point home next year at the voting booth.

Hold on, I stand corrected. Quinn's office introduced a cartoon character, Squeezy the Python, to set things straight on pensions.

Technorati tags:

Retirement 401k Relax In Style magnet (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments: