President Obama should watch this video.
"The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus,' Friedman tells a fidgeting Donahue. "Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
"So that the record of history is absolutely crystal clear," Friedman continues here. "That there is no alternative way--so far discovered--of improving the lot of ordinary people that can hold a candle to the productive activities that are unleashed by the free enterprise system."
My preservation idea for the only Chicago home of Ronald Reagan--which the University of Chicago wants to tear down--is to transform it into a Reagan-Friedman museum. The Gipper was a proponent of Friedman's theories and they were utilized by most of the eastern European nations that were liberated after the fall of communism--an event made possible by Reagan's foreign policies.
- (Photos) Endangered Chicago Reagan apartment amid rubble
- Sign the White House petition to save the Chicago Reagan apartment
- Save the Chicago Reagan apartment from destruction
- Ronald Reagan Trail: Chicago and the likely demolition of the Reagan apartment
- Save the Chicago Reagan Apartment Facebook page launches
- Marathon Pundit's Ronald Reagan Trail
[CD] Free to Choose By Friedman, Milton/ Friedman, Rose/ Adams, James (Google Affiliate Ad)