|Martin Luther King plaque,|
Martin Luther King, "I Have a Dream Speech," 1963.
Martin Luther King's dream of a color-blind society has not permeated the brain trust of the radical Chicago Teachers Union.
In honor, yes, in honor of King's memory, the CTU will hold a series of workshops next weekend.
From the American Federation of Teachers web site:
The Mayor and Board of Education have closed or taken over dozens of schools every year, targeting Black and Latino neighborhoods. These closings take resources that students deserve, destabilize our neighborhoods, and increase racial inequity in the schools. The Board of Ed is now planning to close dozens more schools, taking even more from the communities that have lost the most.Left out of their leftist diatribe is that that while Chicago's population is roughly equally split between whites, blacks, and Hispanics, white enrollment in the Chicago Public Schools is just 9 percent. That detail was somehow overlooked by the extremist union.
"Facts ares stubborn things," John Adams once said.
- Shame: Chicago Teachers Union accuses CPS of "educational apartheid"
- Class warfare: Chicago Teachers Union bedtime story video warns of "fat cats" and "the Rahminator"
- (Video) Chicago Teachers Union boss on the wealthy: "Off with their heads"
- Chicago Teachers Union organizing indoctrination summit
- Chicago Teachers Union a co-sponsor of the Teaching for Social Justice Curriculum Fair
- Video: Chicago Teachers Union organizer welcomes Occupy Chicago to new home
- New film by Juan Williams rips Chicago Teachers Union