Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Injury free in the year twenty-one-three

Marathon Pundit on New Year's Day 2013
Ah yes, it's time for the rare post about myself. As many of you know, I am a veteran marathon runner--although I haven't run one since 2010. That summer I suffered a stress fracture of my right fibula which led to torn knee cartilage on that same leg. It took an an MRI the following spring to ascertain this diagnosis.

Several weeks of physical therapy cured those injuries. As I worked myself back into shape, that summer I pulled my left hamstring. Later that fall I acquired plantar fasciitis on my right foot. I endured pain there--every time I ran or walked--for the last 15 months.

But I have some good news on New Years Day. For this first time in 30 months--I am injury free.

A new light. A new hope. A new path for me.

Technorati tags:  

1 comment:

teriobrien said...

You're an inspiration to us, Marathon! (although I will never run another marathon. Six is enough for me).