Friday, August 24, 2012

Huffington Post phoning it in? It whiffs on two stories

My friend RebelPundit, a real journalist, made the trip to Evanston a few days ago to attend a silly anti-Bain Capital protest organized by über-liberal Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL). It was silly because Romney left Bain in 1999, and the protesters were decrying the upcoming offshoring of jobs from a northwestern Illinois factory that has much to do with GM, which President Obama and the Democrats bailed out, shifting production to China.

Cole Stangler of Huffington Post reported, or I should say, wrote about the protest. He said Schakowsky was there--but after RebelPundit said she wasn't, HuffPo revised its so-called report.

Is Huffington Post phoning it in?

A few days earlier, a writer for the British edition of Huffington Post, William Barns-Graham, said that he cringed when The Who sang "I hope I die before I get old" during their labored rendition of "My Generation" at the Olympics closing ceremony. I'm not sure why the writer cringed--the old geezers omitted that line during that performance. Don't believe me? Click here and skip ahead to the 10:50 mark.

William Barns-Graham? Sheesh, in America he'd be Bill or Will Graham. What a limey.

Technorati tags:


No comments: