Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Coyote sighting during my run


Contrary to this Bloomberg News story from last year, I've never seen a live coyote in the Chicago area. Road kill, yes. For some reason, the Bloomberg reporter had to exaggerate some things for his story.

Amazing! A mainstream media guy making up stuff! Who would've thought!

I've seen live coyotes in Wyoming and South Dakota--the sad canine pictured here is suffering from the mange--as were all the coyotes living inside Wind Cave National Park when I was there.

But I saw a magnificently healthy coyote this afternoon in Harms Rooms in Skokie during a 10 mile run. No pics though.

Still, this is not my top wildlife sighting in the Chicago area during a run. About 10 years ago in Chicago's Lincoln Park, I saw a snowy owl.

Coyotes are known to prey on pets. They eat dead things, too. That will figure into a post that I'll have up later today.

Technorati tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuck this!

Anonymous said...

Fuck this BLOG and Fuck you Too!