Saturday, April 29, 2006

I'm back from Irshad Manji's presentation

Light blogging today? Yes. Two reasons. One, I had to attend an all-day meeting at my workplace. The second? I attended a presentation this evening by author Irshad Manji, aka the Muslim Refusenik, at a synagogue in Northfield, Illinois, about 10 miles from my home.

It was a fascinating lecture--Ms. Manji is an exellent speaker with a lot to say that needs to be said.

Next week I'll have a longer post about the event. And yes, Kathleen Parker, some bloggers do their own reporting.

During the question and answer session, I asked her if she was familar with the Thomas Klocek case at DePaul University. She wasn't, but she responded that the atmosphere within academia is filled with fear on the subject of non-Muslims trying to discuss issues within Islam.

Quite true.

Technorati tags:

No comments: