Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Breaking News per Fox: Durbin apologizes for Gitmo comments

Must've listened to Mayor Richard M. Daley. This is all it says on Fox News.com:

Sen. Durbin Apologizes for Comments on Gitmo Guards

UPDATE 5:30PM CDT: Again courtesy of Fox News.

"More than most people, a senator lives by his words ... occasionally words fail us, occasionally we will fail words," Durbin, D-Ill., said.

"I am sorry if anything I said caused any offense or pain to those who have such bitter memories of the Holocaust, the greatest moral tragedy of our time. Nothing, nothing should ever be said to demean or diminish that moral tragedy.

"I am also sorry if anything I said cast a negative light on our fine men and women in the military ... I never ever intended any disrespect for them. Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line to them I extend my heartfelt apology," Durbin said, choking on his words.

No comments: