Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Cleveland Marathon Rocks

Yes, the Cleveland Marathon rocks, and for the matter, Cleveland itself rocks. Now about my race performance. Mediocre to bad, although a lot of runners would kill for my time: 3 hours, 50 minutes. A tight calf slowed me up, which led to sharp knee pain. I placed 644th out of 1600 finishers--it was the 26th time I've run a 26 mile race.

It's a very well run race, and Cleveland is a greatly underrated city. Yes, I did visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame; if you're a rock fan, you must make a pilgrimage there. As a huge Who fan from way back, I was thrilled to discover the current special exhibit is dedicated to The Who and their rock opera Tommy.

As for running, I'll take a couple of days off, and begin training for my 27th 26.2 mile race, the Chicago Marathon in October. Last year, I ran a 3:13, a Boston Marathon qualifier. I'm looking to run faster than that this fall.

Check back later this week for more on Cleveland, the city.

No comments: